How to cook baked sweet potato fries perfectly each time. Here is the secret for getting crispy, caramelized fries with a deliciously sweet center in the oven or air fryer.
This recipe comes together so quickly, you’ll start to wonder why you don’t make these more often.
My son adores these sweet potato fries, but my other family members prefer white potato fries. Thankfully it’s so easy to make this recipe that I can make it alongside other things very quickly.
You can use the oven or an air fryer to make these fries. I am a bigger fan of the air fryer when I’m only making a small portion for one or two people. Otherwise, I use the oven to make fries for 4 people.
- Video Demonstration
- The Structure Of A Plant Based Plate
- Recommended Equipment
- How To Make This Recipe
- Ways To Use This Recipe
- Ingredient Substitutions
- Serving Sizes
- Other Nutrient Packed Carbs Side Dishes Recipes
- 🥬️🥭️ 7 Day Meal Plan
- FREE Gifts
- Oil-free Sweet Potato Fries (Vegan, Oven & Air Fryer)
If you’d like to see how easy it is to throw all this together, check out my video where I walk you through the recipe step by step.
The Structure Of A Plant Based Plate
Each of the recipes I create fits into my Plant Plate System. This system incorporates 5 food groups into every meal.
The 5 food groups are 1) Plant Protein, 2), Leaves, Fruit, And Veg, 3) Aesthetic Additions, 4) Nutrient Packed Carbohydrates, and 5) Taste
This recipe is a nutrient-packed carb side dish, and is not a complete meal.
The diagram below helps you see the 5 different components of a Plant-Based Plate.
Here are the main kitchen equipment tools I have used to create this recipe.
My air fryer has been one of the best kitchen gadgets I ever invested in. And I’m absolutely obsessed with it. With 2 fussy kids who don’t eat the same food as me or each other, my air fryer gets used every single day to make them fast, nutrient-packed food that they will eat.
I love cooking with an air fryer because food cooks much more quickly, is more crispy and tastier, and saves a fortune when it comes to my fuel bill.
Air Fryer Silicone Baking Dish
I often use this silicone baking dish when I’m baking with wet ingredients. It is 8 inches or 20 cm and square. It fits my Cosori Air Fryer. Make sure you measure the inside of your Air Fryer before purchasing an Air Fryer baking dish.
How To Make This Recipe
You can either cook these fries in the oven or the air fryer for the best results.
- Place the sliced potatoes on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven until they are charred on the corners.
For Air Fryer
- Follow the same instructions as above for preparing the fries.
- Bake in the air fryer until they are charred on the corners.
Ways To Use This Recipe
Here are some of my favorite meals that go perfectly with a side dish of baked sweet potato fries:
- Roast Green Beans
- Baked Black Beans
- Vegan Risotto
- Vegan casserole
- Sweet Potato: If you don’t want to use sweet potatoes, you can use white potatoes instead. You can also leave the skins on if you prefer.
If you’re following a reduced-calorie diet, add 120g of fries to your meal to serve one person. This will give you just over 100 calories.
You can store these sweet potato fries in the fridge for up to 5 days or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Other Nutrient Packed Carbs Side Dishes Recipes
Here are some more of my favorite Nutrient Packed Carbs Side Dishes recipes:
- Most Crispy Vegan Jacket Potato (British Baked Without Foil)
- Easy Whole Baked Sweet Potato (Air Fryer, Oven, Vegan)
- 100 Calorie Vegan Cornbread (Air Fryer, Oven, GF, No Eggs)
- Crispy Homemade Baked French Fries (Oven & Air Fryer)
🥬️🥭️ 7 Day Meal Plan
If you want to discover all of the benefits of eating a plant-based, gluten-free diet, grab a copy of my 7-day meal plan by Green Thickies.
My 7-day detox has been doctor and nutritionist approved and featured on a major national TV channel.
Thousands of people have had incredible results with this meal plan.
🥗 Free Smoothies (Drink And Shrink) Bundle
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies (Drink And Shrink) Bundle From Green Thickies.
🎩 5 Magical Fruit Recipes Book
If you're looking for some easy, raw, fruit-based, complete meal recipes, grab my free recipe book now.
Oil-free Sweet Potato Fries (Vegan, Oven & Air Fryer)
- 4 Large Sweet Potatoes (Approximately 480g Potatoes In Total)
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Of Your Favorite Spice Blend. I Like To Use My Bbq Seasoning.
- Peel the potatoes.
- Slice the potatoes into strips shaped like french fries.
- Place the sliced potatoes on an oven tray or fryer basket.
- Sprinkle the salt and seasoning over the potatoes.
- Alternatively, you can add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix to fully incorporate.
- Follow the instructions for baking in the oven or air fryer below.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/ 220°C.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes in total (turning after 10 minutes) until they are charred on the corners.
For Air Fryer
- Set the temperature of your air fryer to 425°F/ 220°C.
- Bake in the air fryer for 10 to 20 minutes (shaking the basket after 10 minutes) until they are charred on the corners.
Now it’s your turn to make magic with food.