This cooling homemade vegan ranch dip will balance out any meal, provides the perfect dip for your favorite snacks and also happens to only contain 35 calories per serving.
The reason I love this vegan ranch dressing recipe so much is that it takes just a few seconds to make, it only contains 35 calories per serving, has 2g of protein, and goes with pretty much anything.
This homemade ranch dressing is so much better than store-bought dressings because it only contains a few simple ingredients that are pantry staples such as dried herbs, and you can control exactly what goes into it.
This vegan version is a much lighter option than a traditional ranch dressing because it’s made with vegan yogurt but still has that creamy texture and tastes very similar to the real thing.
This vegan salad dressing is the best vegan ranch I’ve tried and pairs perfectly with your favorite fresh veggies.
I am the kind of person who can’t make a meal without some kind of dipping sauce. And as I love to make a lot of spicy food, this ranch dip is very cooling and balancing when served with spicy food.
I often make this after I have served my main meal. That’s how quick it is.
To make it even faster, don’t include the salad onions. They are just there to make the recipe look pretty.
If you’d like to see how easy it is to throw all this together, check out my video where I walk you through the recipe step by step. Click here to subscribe to my Youtube channel.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This recipe and all recipes on my website are suitable for the special diets, vegan, plant based, gluten free, dairy free, egg free, free from refined sugar, and vegetarian.
- This recipe contains 35 calories per serving.
- This recipe contains 2g protein per serving.
- This recipe takes 1 minutes of active preparation time.
- This recipe is made extra tasty by the addition of ranch seasoning.
- I have simplified this recipe by limiting the number of ingredients and using everyday ingredients such as soy yogurt.
- Soya yogurt: Replace the soy yogurt with any vegan yogurt of your choice
- Garlic: You can omit the garlic or replace it with 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Lemon juice: Replace this with lime juice or remove it completely.
- Homemade Ranch Seasoning or ½ teaspoon of parsley or chives, ½ teaspoon dried dill, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Sea salt: You can replace it with any salt of your choice or remove it completely.
- Black pepper: Replace it with chili powder or remove completely.
- Salad onions: You can remove these completely.
The Structure Of A Plant Based Plate
Each of the recipes I create fits into my Plant Plate System. This system incorporates 5 food groups into every meal.
The 5 food groups are 1) Plant Protein, 2), Leaves, Fruit, And Veg, 3) Aesthetic Additions, 4) Nutrient Packed Carbohydrates, and 5) Taste
This recipe adds plant protein to any dish. It falls under the “vegan protein” category on the Plant Based Plate and is not a complete meal.
The diagram below helps you visually see how this element features on a Plant-Based Plate.
Here’s how this recipe is structured according to the Plant Plate System.
Adding each ingredient to the following categories helps you to easily see how to make substitutions. It also lets you know the exact reason why the ingredient is in the recipe.
Leaves, Fruit & Veg
- Salad onions
- Salad onions
Nutrient Packed Carbohydrates
- Ranch seasoning
- Lemon juice
How To Make This Recipe
Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
What To Serve With Vegan Ranch Dip
Here are some of my favorite ways to use this vegan ranch recipe. Some great options are:
- Spicy Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Wings (Gluten Free)
- Vegan Zucchini Fritters (Air Fryer, Pan, Oven)
- Oil-free Sweet Potato Fries (Vegan, Oven & Air Fryer)
How To Store Leftovers
This creamy ranch keeps for up to 4 days in the fridge in an airtight container. I often make a double batch as I use so much of this recipe.
More Tasty Plant Protein Recipes
This recipe is part of my plant protein series.
If you’re looking for easy, vegan protein recipes, check out some of my other recipes:
- Soft Silken Tofu ‘Egg’ Scramble with Black Salt (Vegan)
- Easy Baked Portobello Mushroom Bacon (Gluten Free, Vegan)
- Crispy Roasted Soya Chunks (Vegan Alternative To Chicken)
You can see all of my plant protein recipes here.
🥬️🥭️ 7 Day Meal Plan
If you want to discover all of the benefits of eating a plant-based, gluten-free diet, grab a copy of my 7-day meal plan by Green Thickies.
My 7-day detox has been doctor and nutritionist approved and featured on a major national TV channel.
Thousands of people have had incredible results with this meal plan.
🥗 Free Smoothies (Drink And Shrink) Bundle
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies (Drink And Shrink) Bundle From Green Thickies.
🎩 5 Magical Fruit Recipes Book
If you're looking for some easy, raw, fruit-based, complete meal recipes, grab my free recipe book now.
Vegan Ranch Dip Recipe
- 240g Vegan Plain Soya Yogurt Or Other Vegan Yogurt
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Of My Homemade Ranch Seasoning Or 1 Teaspoon Of Parsley Or Chives, 1 Teaspoon Dried Dill, 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder, 2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Pinch Of Black Pepper
- 2 Green Salad (Spring, Scallions) Onions
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
Now it’s your turn to make magic with food.