This delicious vegan tortilla pizza makes the perfect filling lunch or speedy dinner. This meal can be ready in just 5 minutes in your air fryer, or 10 minutes in the oven.
This is one of my favorite meals to make for the whole family when I need a speedy lunch for us all. I often serve it as a quick dinner for my kids during the week too as they adore it so much.
When you just want the taste of a delicious pizza without blowing your entire calorie allocation in one day, this recipe is perfect as it contains just over 400 calories per pizza.
The best thing about this recipe is that it can be either cooked in the air fryer, oven, or even on a frying pan in just a couple of minutes.
- Video Demonstration
- Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The Structure Of A Plant Based Plate
- Recommended Equipment
- How To Make This Recipe
- Ingredient Substitutions
- How To Reduce The Calories
- How To Increase The Calories
- Side Dishes
- More Quick Vegan Dinner Recipes
- 🥬️🥭️ 7 Day Meal Plan
- FREE Gifts
- 5 Minute Vegan Tortilla Pizza
If you’d like to see how easy it is to throw all this together, check out my video where I walk you through the recipe step by step.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This recipe, and all of the recipes on my website are vegan and plant-based
- This recipe and all of the recipes on my website are gluten-free
- This recipe contains 439 calories per serving
- This recipe contains 210 mg of calcium per serving
- This recipe takes 1 minute of active preparation time and 5 minutes of cooking time.
- This recipe is made extra tasty by the addition of rocket or basil on the top.
- I have simplified this recipe by limiting the number of ingredients and using everyday ingredients such as peppers and mushrooms, but you can use whatever toppings you’d like for your pizza.
The Structure Of A Plant Based Plate
Each of the recipes I create fits into my Plant Plate System. This system incorporates 5 food groups into every meal.
The 5 food groups are 1) Plant Protein, 2), Leaves, Fruit, And Veg, 3) Aesthetic Additions, 4) Nutrient Packed Carbohydrates, and 5) Taste
This recipe is a complete meal because it contains all 5 components of my Plant Plate and contains around 400 calories per meal.
The diagram below helps you see the 5 different components of a Plant-Based Plate.
Leaves, Fruit & Veg
- Easy No-Cook Marinara Sauce
- Red Bell Pepper
- Rocket Or Basil
- Vegan Cheese
Here are the main kitchen equipment tools I have used to create this recipe.
My air fryer has been one of the best kitchen gadgets I ever invested in. And I’m absolutely obsessed with it. With 2 fussy kids who don’t eat the same food as me or each other, my air fryer gets used every single day to make them fast, nutrient-packed food that they will eat.
I love cooking with an air fryer because food cooks much more quickly, is more crispy and tastier, and saves a fortune when it comes to my fuel bill.
Air Fryer Silicone Baking Dish
I often use this silicone baking dish when I’m baking with wet ingredients. It is 8 inches or 20 cm and square. It fits my Cosori Air Fryer. Make sure you measure the inside of your Air Fryer before purchasing an Air Fryer baking dish.
I highly suggest you use a non-stick pan for the vegetable and sauce part of this recipe. In a non-stick pan, this recipe cooks like a dream, with minimal stirring needed.
You can get the large pan that I use by clicking here. Please note, I bought the largest size.
You can get the 10-piece cookware set that I have by clicking here. Please note, this set contains a smaller version of the large deep pan that I bought separately.
How To Make This Recipe
Spread marinana sauce on the tortilla.
Sprinkle the mushroom and pepper slices and sprinkle with vegan cheese on top.
Follow the steps below to cook the tortilla pizza with your preferred kitchen equipment.
Place the tortilla pizza inside the fryer basket and fry until the edges of the tortilla are brown and crispy.
Place the tortilla pizzas on a baking tray and bake until the edges of the tortilla are brown and crispy.
Place the tortilla pizza on a flat pan and cook.
- Gluten-free tortilla wraps: You can use any wraps of your choice, or make your own wraps or crepes.
- Mushrooms: You can omit the mushrooms or replace them with a vegetable of your choice.
- Vegan cheese: If you don’t want to use vegan cheese, you can use nutritional yeast, homemade vegan cheese sauce, or just remove it completely.
- Rocket/ Basil/Cilantro/other fresh leaves: You can omit the fresh herbs or replace them with any fresh or dried herbs of your choice.
- Bell Pepper: You can either remove the pepper completely or replace it with a vegetable of your choice such as tomatoes.
- Easy No-Cook Marinara Sauce: Replace this with any marinara sauce or sauce that contains a similar number of calories.
How To Reduce The Calories
If you’d like to reduce the calories of this recipe even further, I suggest removing the cheese from the top of the pizza. Alternatively, you could use one wrap instead of 2 which eliminates one of the wraps and half of the cheese from each serving.
How To Increase The Calories
If you would like to increase the calories for anybody who is going to be eating a serving of this recipe, I suggest you add more cheese to the pizza and some more filling toppings.
Tortilla pizzas will keep for up to 4 days in the fridge in an air-tight container. They also freeze well for up to 3 months. Defrost before using it. Reheat it by warming it up gently in the oven or air fryer.
If you’d like to add extra side dishes to this meal, I suggest you add the following dishes:
- Oil-free Sweet Potato Fries (Vegan, Oven & Air Fryer)
- Crispy Homemade Baked French Fries (Oven & Air Fryer)
- Zucchini Fritters
- Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
- Ranch Dip
- Edameme Guacamole
- Kale Chips
More Quick Vegan Dinner Recipes
If you’re looking for more speedy vegan dinners, check out some of my other recipes:
- Easy Vegan Gluten Free Black Bean Meatballs (3 Ways)
- 10 Minute Plant Based Black Bean Burger (Gluten Free)
- Homemade Vegan Crunchwrap Recipe
🥬️🥭️ 7 Day Meal Plan
If you want to discover all of the benefits of eating a plant-based, gluten-free diet, grab a copy of my 7-day meal plan by Green Thickies.
My 7-day detox has been doctor and nutritionist approved and featured on a major national TV channel.
Thousands of people have had incredible results with this meal plan.
🥗 Free Smoothies (Drink And Shrink) Bundle
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies (Drink And Shrink) Bundle From Green Thickies.
🎩 5 Magical Fruit Recipes Book
If you're looking for some easy, raw, fruit-based, complete meal recipes, grab my free recipe book now.
5 Minute Vegan Tortilla Pizza
- 8 Gluten-Free Tortilla Wraps
- 1 Batch (4 Servings) Of Easy No-Cook Marinara Sauce Or use your favorite store-bought marinara or pizza sauce
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 100g (1 Cup) Of Mushrooms
- 240g Vegan Cheese (60g Per Pizza, 30g For Top Tortilla, 30g For Bottom)
- 10g Rocket Or Basil
- Lay out 4 tortillas. Sprinkle 30g of vegan cheese on top of each of the wraps. (120g across all 4 tortillas).
- Place another tortilla wrap on top of each of the wraps. So you will have 1 wrap topped with cheese, with another wrap placed on top. Each pizza is made up of 2 wraps stuck together with cheese in the middle.
- Spread out the marinara sauce on top of the wraps.
- Slice the peppers and mushrooms thinly. Sprinkle on top of the wraps.
- Finally sprinkle the remaining cheese (30g per pizza, 120g in total) on top of the pizzas.
- You might need to cook your tortilla pizzas in batches depending on how many fit in your air fryer. Check your wraps fit in the basket before you start.
- Assemble the pizza inside the basket.
- Air fry at 180C for 5-8 minutes checking on it frequently. It is ready when the edges of the tortilla are brown and crispy.
- Preheat your oven to 180C/ 350C.
- Assemble your pizzas on top of a baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes checking on it frequently. It is ready when the edges of the tortilla is brown and crispy.
- You might need to cook your tortilla wraps in batches depending on how many pans you have. Assemble the pizza inside an oven-safe frying pan such as a stainless steel pan. Make sure the tortilla can lay flat inside your pan before you start.
- Add it to a low to medium heat.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes checking on it frequently to see if it’s brown. Once it’s brown you can serve it as it is, or if you want to brown the toppings on the top of the pizza, put your pan under the broiler/grill for 1-2 minutes until you see the edges of the wrap going brown.
Now it’s your turn to make magic with food.