Here’s how to make a delicious vegan crunchwrap using simple ingredients. Whip up a delicious quick lunch or dinner in just a few minutes. My entire family adores this recipe.
This recipe takes just minutes to prepare, and just a couple of minutes to cook, so can be made very quickly especially if you use store-bought burgers and frozen french fries.
I made my own vegan black bean burgers and my own homemade fries for this recipe but you don’t have to. The nutritional information is based on my homemade recipes.
If you’d like to see how easy it is to throw all this together, check out my video where I walk you through the recipe step by step. Click here to subscribe to my Youtube channel.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This recipe, and all of the recipes on my website are vegan and plant-based
- This recipe and all of the recipes on my website are gluten-free
- This recipe contains 396 calories per serving
- This recipe contains 8g protein per serving
- This recipe contains 43 mg of vitamin C per serving
- This recipe contains 11g of fiber per serving.
- This recipe is made from a combination of vegan protein, whole food sources of carbohydrates, vegetables, essential fats, and ingredients that make the dish extremely tasty.
- This recipe takes 4 minutes of active preparation time and 5 minutes of cooking time.
- This recipe is made extra tasty by the addition of pickled onions and gherkins.
- I have simplified this recipe by limiting the number of ingredients and using everyday ingredients such as vegan burgers and tortilla wraps.
How This Recipe Fits In The Plant Plate System
Each of the recipes I create fits into my Plant Plate System. This system incorporates 5 food groups into every meal.
The 5 food groups are 1) Plant Protein, 2), Leaves, Fruit, And Veg, 3) Aesthetic Additions, 4) Nutrient Packed Carbohydrates, and 5) Taste
This recipe is a complete meal because it contains all 5 components of my Plant Plate and contains around 400 calories per meal.
The diagram below helps you see the 5 different components of a Plant-Based Plate.
- Vegan burgers (made up from black beans, oats, onions, and spices)
Leaves, Fruit & Veg
- Red pepper
- Black pepper
- Gluten-free tortilla wraps
- Potato fries
- 40g (10g per serving) vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sliced gherkins or jalapeno peppers
- 80g vegan cheese (Use 20g per wrap)
Here are the main kitchen equipment tools I have used to create this recipe.
I highly suggest you use a non-stick pan for the vegetable and sauce part of this recipe. In a non-stick pan, this recipe cooks like a dream, with minimal stirring needed.
You can get the large pan that I use by clicking here. Please note, I bought the largest size.
You can get the 10-piece cookware set that I have by clicking here. Please note, this set contains a smaller version of the large deep pan that I bought separately.
I used my food processor for this recipe. I love this food processor because it has some handy attachments like a grater, and the ability to slice vegetables very quickly. It also has a smaller compartment for making smaller batches of food.
My air fryer has been one of the best kitchen gadgets I ever invested in. And I’m absolutely obsessed with it. With 2 fussy kids who don’t eat the same food as me or each other, my air fryer gets used every single day to make them fast, nutrient-packed food that they will eat.
I love cooking with an air fryer because food cooks much more quickly, is more crispy and tastier, and saves a fortune when it comes to my fuel bill.
Air Fryer Silicone Baking Dish
I often use this silicone baking dish when I’m baking with wet ingredients. It is 8 inches or 20 cm and square. It fits my Cosori Air Fryer. Make sure you measure the inside of your Air Fryer before purchasing an Air Fryer baking dish.
- Vegan burgers: Use any type of burgers you like. Or you could add a think tofu wedge, a large mushroom or any plant protein of your choice.
- Onions: You can omit the onions or replace them with a vegetable of your choice.
- Bell Pepper: You can either remove the pepper completely or replace it with a vegetable of your choice such as tomatoes or sun-dried tomatoes.
- Gluten-free tortilla wraps: You can use any wraps of your choice, or make your own wraps or crepes.
- Vegan mayonnaise: You can either remove this or replace it with a sauce of your choice.
- Pickles: You can either remove these or replace with a vegetable of your choice or fresh herbs.
- Vegan Cheese: It is difficult to replace the vegan cheese as this is the binder that seals the wrap
- Potato Fries: Use any potato fries or your choice of nutritional carbs side dish.
- Olive oil: Use any oil you choose. Or omit the oil completely and just dry fry the burgers.
Serve this recipe with one serving of any of the following side dishes per person:
- Mashed potatoes
- Boiled baby potatoes in skins
- Boiled large white potatoes without skins
- White potato fries
- Sweet potato fries
- Baked white potato
- Baked sweet potato
- White rice
- Bread roll
For more side dish options, see my best vegan, gluten-free carbs side dish post.
How To Reduce The Calories
If you’d like to reduce the calories of this recipe even further, I suggest removing the mayonnaise and dry frying the wrap without oil.
How To Increase The Calories
If you would like to increase the calories for anybody who is going to be eating a serving of this recipe, I suggest you serve them a bigger portion of a side dish.
Crunchwrap burgers keep for up to 4 days in the fridge in an air-tight container. They also freeze well for up to 3 months. Defrost it before using it. Reheat it by warming it up in an air fryer or oven.
More Quick Vegan Dinner Recipes
If you’re looking for more speedy vegan dinners, check out some of my other recipes:
- Easy Vegan Gluten Free Black Bean Meatballs (3 Ways)
- 5 Minute Vegan Tortilla Pizza
- Quick Vegan Meatballs And Spaghetti With Tomato Sauce
Here are all of my vegan lunch and dinner recipes.
7 Day Meal Plan
🥬️🥭️ If you want to discover all of the benefits of eating a plant-based, gluten-free diet, grab a copy of my 7-day meal plan by Green Thickies.
My 7-day detox has been doctor and nutritionist approved and featured on a major national TV channel.
Thousands of people have had incredible results with this meal plan.
🥗 Free Smoothies (Drink And Shrink) Bundle
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies (Drink And Shrink) Bundle From Green Thickies.
🎩 5 Magical Fruit Recipes Book
Homemade Vegan Crunchwrap Recipe
- 4 Gluten-Free Tortilla Wraps. Use 1 Tortilla For Each Wrap. (My Wraps Contained 89 Calories Each)
- 4 Vegan Burgers. I Used My 10-Minute Vegan Black Bean Burger.
- 40g Vegan Mayonnaise (10g Per Serving)
- 1 Small White Or Red Onion Or Pickled Onion. Use ¼ Of An Onion Per Wrap.
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Gherkins Or Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 Cup Of Roasted Pepper Or 1 Large Roasted Pepper. Use ¼ Of A Cup Or ¼ Of A Pepper Per Wrap.
- 80g Vegan Cheese (Use 20g Per Wrap)
Black Bean Burger Recipe
- 1 Batch Of Black Bean Burgers Containing:
- 1 Can Of Black Beans
- 1/2 Cup (1 Small Onion) Diced Onions
- 2 Tablespoons Rolled Oats, Oat Flour, Or Other Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Of My Homemade Burger Seasoning Or ½ Teaspoon Paprika, ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder, ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder, And A Pinch Of Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Of My Homemade Italian Seasoning Or ½ Teaspoon Of Basil, ½ Teaspoon Of Oregano, And ½ Teaspoon Parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt (Or 1 Tablespoon Tamari)
Potato Fries Recipe
- 1 Batch Of Potato Fries Containing:
- 4 Large White Potatoes (Approximately 480g Potatoes In Total)
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Of Your Favorite Spice Blend. I Like To Use My BBQ Seasoning.
- Black Pepper
- Lay out a tortilla wrap. Spread the vegan mayonnaise on the middle of the wrap. Place the burger on top. Add the onion, gherkins or jalapenos, red pepper, and finally the cheese. The cheese must go on last to bind and seal the wrap closed.
- Choose whether to pan fry, air fry, or oven bake and follow the instructions below.
- Pre-heat a pan on a medium heat and add a few sprays of olive oil.
- Fold the edges of the tortilla around the fillings. Quickly turn it upside down (open side face down – see video) and tuck in the edges of the wrap under itself. Press down with a spatula for a minute.
- After 1-2 minutes the cheese will melt and will seal the wrap shut. Small gluten free wraps can make this process feel a bit messy, but it will still look and taste delicious once it’s done. When the wrap starts to brown it is done on that side.
- Turn the wrap over and cook for 1-2 minutes until golden.
- Fold the edges of the tortilla around the fillings, then wrap it in kitchen foil. Place it in the basket.
- Bake it for 5 minutes at 200C/400C until the cheese has melted and sealed the wrap closed. At this point you can remove it from the foil and add it back into the air fryer for 1-2 minutes on each side to brown the outside of the wrap.
- Fold the edges of the tortilla around the fillings, then wrap it in kitchen foil. Add it to a baking tray.
- Bake it for 10 minutes at 200C/400C until the cheese has melted and sealed the wrap closed. At this point you can remove it from the foil and add it back into the oven for 1-2 minutes on each side to brown the outside of the wrap.
- Cut the Crunchwrap in half to serve. Serve with some fries. I like to use my own homemade fries.
- Grind some black pepper on everything to garnish.
Black Bean Burger Recipe
- Add the canned black beans, onion, oats, burger seasoning, Italian seasoning, and salt to a food processor. Process until you can form a ball that sticks together. Don’t over-process. Scrape down the sides and stir.
- Divide the mixture into 4. Roll each batch into a ball, then push down to flatten it into a burger shape.
- Cook your burgers using one of the following options:
- Fry: You can fry them on a medium heat, in a non-stick pan with or without oil, turning them until they are golden on all sides. I like to use an oil spray for fewer calories.
- Air Fryer: Spray a little oil spray on the bottom of your air fryer. Place the burgers in the air fryer basket and spray them with a little oil spray. Cook at 200C/ 400F for 5-10 minutes. Turn them over after 5 minutes. Check on them frequently.
- Oven: Add your burgers to a non-stick baking tray, spray them with oil, and bake them at 200C/ 400F for 15-20 minutes until they are golden.
Homemade French Fries
- Peel and slice the potatoes into strips shaped like french fries.
- Place the sliced potatoes on an oven tray or fryer basket.
- Sprinkle the salt and seasoning over the potatoes. Alternatively, you can add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix to fully incorporate.
- To Bake: preheat the oven to 425°F/ 220°C and bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes in total (turning after 10 minutes) until they are charred on the corners.
- To Air Fry: set the temperature of your air fryer to 425°F/ 220°C and bake in the air fryer for 10 to 20 minutes(shaking the basket after 10 minutes) until they are charred on the corners.
Now it’s your turn to make magic with food.