Not only are these vegan cauliflower buffalo wings delicious as a snack or a side dish, but they also contain a massive 7g of protein per serving.
This recipe completely transforms cauliflower from a humble vegetable to a deliciously spicy, crunchy treat.
If you like spicy food, you’ll adore this recipe. And even if you don’t like spicy food, you can still make this recipe by replacing the hot sauce with some milder condiment.
Here’s an interesting fact about Cauliflower. Cauliflower is very high in protein. Most people wouldn’t think of cauliflower as a good source of plant protein, but it is ranked 14th in the top sources of plant protein.
Even more surprisingly, cauliflower actually contains more protein per calorie than beans, pumpkin seeds, chickpeas, and peanuts which people normally say are some of the best sources of protein.
Maybe this will make you think differently about including more cauliflower in your diet.
Each serving of these buffalo wings gives you a whopping 7g of protein. You could even eat the entire batch as a complete meal to get 28g of protein which is pretty incredible.
Something else very impressive about this recipe is that is almost contains your entire recommended intake of Vitamin C for one day, just in one serving. Who would have thought cauliflowers could pack such a nutritional punch?
- Video Demonstration
- Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Ingredient Substitutions
- The Structure Of A Plant Based Plate
- Recommended Equipment
- How To Make This Recipe
- What To Serve With Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How To Store Leftovers
- More Tasty Plant Protein Recipes
- 🥬️🥭️ 7 Day Meal Plan
- FREE Gifts
- Spicy Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Wings (Gluten Free)
If you’d like to see how easy it is to throw all this together, check out my video where I walk you through the recipe step by step. Click here to subscribe to my Youtube channel.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This recipe and all recipes on my website are suitable for the special diets, vegan, plant based, gluten free, dairy free, egg free, free from refined sugar, and vegetarian.
- This recipe contains 108 calories per serving.
- This recipe contains 7g protein per serving.
- This recipe contains 90% of your daily recommended intake of Vitamin C per serving
- This recipe is made extra tasty by the addition of buffalo hot sauce and BBQ Seasoning.
- I have simplified this recipe by limiting the number of ingredients and using everyday ingredients such as cauliflower and chickpea flour.
- Cauliflower: You can replace the cauliflower with broccoli.
- Soy Milk: You can replace this with a milk of your choice.
- Chickpea Flour: You can replace the chickpea flour with any flour of your choice.
- BBQ seasoning: You can replace it with paprika if you don’t want to make my seasoning blend.
- Frank’s Buffalo Sauce: You can replace Frank’s sauce with any hot sauce of your choice, or if you want to opt for a milder taste, you could just use ketchup or any other condiment that you like the taste of. This will change the consistency slightly, so you might want to bake it for 1-2 minutes more to keep the cauliflower crispy.
The Structure Of A Plant Based Plate
Each of the recipes I create fits into my Plant Plate System. This system incorporates 5 food groups into every meal.
The 5 food groups are 1) Plant Protein, 2), Leaves, Fruit, And Veg, 3) Aesthetic Additions, 4) Nutrient Packed Carbohydrates, and 5) Taste
This recipe adds plant protein to any dish. It falls under the “vegan protein” category on the Plant Based Plate and is not a complete meal.
The diagram below helps you visually see how this element features on a Plant-Based Plate.
Here’s how this recipe is structured according to the Plant Plate System.
Adding each ingredient to the following categories helps you to easily see how to make substitutions. It also lets you know the exact reason why the ingredient is in the recipe.
- Soy milk
- Chickpea flour
Leaves, Fruit & Veg
Nutrient Packed Carbohydrates
- Buffalo Sauce
- BBQ Seasoning
Here are the main kitchen equipment tools I have used to create this recipe.
My air fryer has been one of the best kitchen gadgets I ever invested in. And I’m absolutely obsessed with it. With 2 fussy kids who don’t eat the same food as me or each other, my air fryer gets used every single day to make them fast, nutrient-packed food that they will eat.
I love cooking with an air fryer because food cooks much more quickly, is more crispy and tastier, and saves a fortune when it comes to my fuel bill.
Air Fryer Silicone Baking Dish
I often use this silicone baking dish when I’m baking with wet ingredients. It is 8 inches or 20 cm and square. It fits my Cosori Air Fryer. Make sure you measure the inside of your Air Fryer before purchasing an Air Fryer baking dish.
How To Make This Recipe
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Bake the florets in an air fryer or oven.
What To Serve With Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
Here are some of my favorite things to serve with this recipe:
- Easy Vegan Meatloaf With Mushrooms And Oats
- Homemade Vegan Crunchwrap Recipe
- Easy Vegan Gluten Free Black Bean Meatballs (3 Ways)
- Vegan Ranch Dip
For more options, see all of my best vegan, gluten-free carbs side dishes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cauliflower wings do not taste like real wings in texture, but the taste is similar due to the use of Frank’s Buffalo Sauce.
How To Store Leftovers
This recipe keeps for up to 4 days in the fridge in an airtight container. It also freezes well for up to 3 months. Defrost it before using it. Reheat it by warming it up in the oven or air fryer.
More Tasty Plant Protein Recipes
This recipe is part of my plant protein series.
If you’re looking for easy, plant protein side dishes, check out some of my other recipes:
- Creamy Edamame Guacamole (No Avocado, Vegan)
- Soft Silken Tofu ‘Egg’ Scramble with Black Salt (Vegan)
- Smoky Tempeh Bacon (Air Fryer, Oven, Vegan Gluten Free)
You can see all of my vegan protein recipes here.
🥬️🥭️ 7 Day Meal Plan
If you want to discover all of the benefits of eating a plant-based, gluten-free diet, grab a copy of my 7-day meal plan by Green Thickies.
My 7-day detox has been doctor and nutritionist approved and featured on a major national TV channel.
Thousands of people have had incredible results with this meal plan.
🥗 Free Smoothies (Drink And Shrink) Bundle
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies (Drink And Shrink) Bundle From Green Thickies.
🎩 5 Magical Fruit Recipes Book
If you're looking for some easy, raw, fruit-based, complete meal recipes, grab my free recipe book now.
Spicy Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Wings (Gluten Free)
- 1 Head (600g) Of Cauliflower
- ½ Cup (120ml) Soy Milk
- 60g Chickpea (Gram) Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Of My Homemade BBQ Seasoning Or ¼ Teaspoon Smoked Paprika, ¼ Teaspoon Chipotle Chili Powder, ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder, And ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ Cup (60ml) Frank’s Buffalo Sauce, Hot Sauce, Or Ketchup
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Mix the milk, chickpea flour, and BBQ seasoning together in a bowl.
- Add the cauliflower to the bowl and mix until the cauliflower is fully coated.
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil spray.
- Add the cauliflower to the air fryer. Spray the cauliflower with oil spray
- Bake at 190C / 380F for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Use a pastry brush to coat with Frank’s buffalo sauce, other hot sauce, or ketchup.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment (greaseproof) paper.
- Add the cauliflower to the sheet and spray with oil spray.
- Bake at 190C / 380F for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
Now it’s your turn to make magic with food.