A lot of banana smoothie recipes are overly complicated or combine the bananas with other fruits you may not have on hand.
Most of us often end up with a bunch of ripe bananas that we need to do something with right now. So adding them all to a smoothie is the perfect choice.
This banana smoothie is also a complete meal so it will help you get rid of the processed junk and rancid fats out of your diet, and replacing them with easily digesting, fiber rich, nutrient dense bananas.
There is only one core ingredient in this smoothie and that is simply bananas!
Yes a one ingredient smoothie! Believe it or not, there is actually enough water content in bananas for you to blend them without adding any additional liquid at all. However to do this you’ll need to make sure you chop your bananas fairly fine, and a high speed blender will make this job easier.
Using only bananas will make the smoothie nice and thick.
But if you prefer a thinner smoothie or you have a standard blender, or you want to add even more ingredients to the smoothie, you’ll want to add some liquid to the smoothie too.
Even though this banana smoothie is perfect just the way it is, using only bananas, if you do want to jazz it up a bit, there are plenty of ways you can do it.
I give you a comprehensive list of all of these options in the recipe below.
30 Second Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Blender
- 5 Bananas Bananas fresh or frozen. (If you use frozen bananas, you’ll definitely want to add some liquid to the blender and preferably use a high speed blender. )
- 1 cup Water
Liquid Replacements (to replace the water):
- 1 cup Dairy free milk
- 1 cup Freshly squeezed juice
- 2 cup Pineapple chunks
- 2 cup Cucumber chunks
- 2 cup Melon chunks
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon Cacao or carob powder
- 2 tablespoon Lucuma powder
- 2 tablespoon Mesquite powder (Algarrobo powder)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Acai berry powder
- 1 teaspoon Baobab powder
- 5 drop Essential Oil (food grade)
- 1 pinch Cardamom
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Small handful of mint
- 1 tablespoon Small handful of basil
- 1 tablespoon Small handful of lemon balm
- 2 cup Other fruit such as berries, apples, mangos, papayas
- ¼ cup Dried or fresh coconut
Nuts and Seeds:
- ¼ cup Any unroasted, unsalted nuts such as pecans, cashews, almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, or any nut butters
- ¼ cup Any unroasted, unsalted seeds such as sunflower, chia, pumpkin, flax, hemp or any seed butters
- 2 cup Spinach, chard, kale, or lettuce
- 2 tablespoon Green powder
Extra Sweet, Thick and Filling:
- ¼ cup Dates
- ¼ cup Raisins
- ¼ cup Any dried fruit (raw and not coated in syrup or sugar)
- ¼ cup Oats
- ¼ cup Soaked, rinsed and drained buckwheat
- ¼ cup Soaked, rinsed and drained quinoa
- 1 cup Ice
- 1 cup Frozen fruit
- Add your chosen ingredients to the blender and blend for 30 seconds or until smooth. I used vanilla and peanut butter.
This is a perfect meal replacement smoothie because the 5 bananas will give you around 500 calories and that will keep you going until your next meal.
If you want to add in other fruit, you can replace some of the bananas with other fruit but bear in mind that other fruit is usually much lower in calories than bananas so your smoothie won’t be as filling.
Other high calorie ingredients are:
- Dried fruit
Very low calorie ingredients are:
- Added flavors
- Leafy greens
For the most effective weight loss, it’s pretty much essential that you either count your calories at least to start with, so you have an idea of how calorific your smoothie is.
You’ll probably only need to do that a couple of times and then you’ll have your favorite smoothies that you make time and time again. But be aware that because nuts and dates are so high in calories, a 500 calorie smoothie can easily turn into a 1000 calorie smoothie, which will cause you to gain weight instead of losing it.
If you replace your breakfast and your lunch with a smoothie which is about 500 calories like this one, have a healthy dinner such as a salad, you’ll see the weight coming off fast.
It’s great to experiment with your smoothie and come up with the perfect taste for you, as you’re more likely to stick with healthy eating if you’re enjoying it.
If you don’t have time to experiment, I recommend you head over to Green Thickies, which is another one of my websites. I have hundreds of meal replacement smoothies over there.
I hope you enjoyed this 30 Second Banana Smoothie Recipe For MIRACULOUS Weight Loss post.
Check out the Magical Resources below where I give you details of my giveaway and another free gift.
If you liked this video you’ll probably like some of my other posts in my “How To Eat A Banana Series” such as:
I’ll link to those videos and the full play list in the resources below as well.
1) Magical Tools
2) Free Magical Fruit Recipe Book
3) Related Resources You Might Like
I’ve compiled a list of helpful resources that will help you take things to the next level:
- Fruit Tutorials
- Fruit Recipes
- How To Eat A Banana
- How To Ripen Bananas (FAST & EASY) Try It Today
- How To Keep Bananas From Turning Brown (10 GENIUS HACKS)
- MAGICAL Banana Slicer Trick (Unbelievable)
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar)
6) Follow Magical Life Of Fruit Social Media Channels:
I share different content on each platform and I can’t wait to connect with you over there.
- Please subscribe to Magical Life Of Fruit YouTube Channel by clicking here
- Read more on the blog
- Follow @Magical Life Of Fruit on Instagram
- Follow Magical Life Of Fruit on Pinterest
- Follow Magical Life Of Fruit on Facebook
If you enjoyed this 30 Second Banana Smoothie Recipe For MIRACULOUS Weight Loss please let me know your thoughts in the comments.